Sunday, May 10, 2015

Love? or Betrayal?

I never believed in love till I met Feyijimi. My parents divorced since I was little and I grew up in two houses. I had seen how little love they had for each other, always fighting and they couldnt even stand being in each others presence for long. Since then I truly believed that love didnt exist or even if it exists it never lasts long.
 After graduation from the University of Lagos I started my own catering company that I had always dreamed of starting and it boomed so quickly always keeping me busy. I was happy and contented in my own little world with my dogs Zeus and Cerberus keeping me company ..well that was until I met Jimi.
Right from the time we met it was quite obvious that we were perfect for each other. I was walking my dogs in my estate just taking an evening stroll when Zeus escaped from his leash. I chased him but I couldnt catch him because I was also dragging Cerberus along. I chased him around the corner to find him nuzzling against a female dog with two guys standing there. I called out Zeus! Come here right now The guys looked up at me. My eyes found their way to Jimis and I felt an instant connection. The guys introduced themselves to me..Tunde was the owner of the dog Precious who my Zeus had taken a fancy to and Jimi was his best friend.
The three of us formed a tight friendship since that day. Tunde and I lived in the same estate so we were always at each others houses with our dogs and Jimi frequently joined us .
One fateful day Jimi came to my house and in the midst of watching Garfield the movie he admitted his feelings for me. I was so happy ……we went out on several dates to the movies, on lunch dates. It was magical every time we touched, every time we kissed I felt tingling sparks and I was extra happy whenever I was with him. I was quite convinced that I was falling deeply, madly and head over heels in love with him
About three months after we started dating I invited Jimi over to my apartment for a home cooked meal by yours truly. You know just to show off my cooking skills after all I am a caterer and also a little bit to show that I am wife material. After a delicious dinner which he wholeheartedly praised and consumed a great portion of it it we sat down in the parlour to watch a movie and eat some ice-cream. About an hour into the movie I looked over at Jimi and I noticed some ice cream at the corner at his mouth. So I turned and wiped it off as I was about retreating he held my hand drawing me close to him. Our eyes met and sparks flew. We both drew in and our lips meshed together. This kiss wasnt like our usual gentle kisses. It was filled with passion, hunger and desire. Our bodies molded perfectly against each other and we sunk into the couch. We almost went all the way but at the last moment I regained my senses and stopped him. I told him I wasnt ready yet and he obeyed my wishes and stopped. A few minutes later he left and I was left sitting on the couch dishevelled and looking dazed. I made up my mind that I would get myself together and prepare a wonderful night for us the next time we met. I wanted my first time to be absolutely special.

The next day I went excitedly to work I had a client to meet at one then I was going to leave early and get all the things I need ready for Jimi and I  Tejumade special night together. Throughout the day I was waiting for my client to quickly come and go so that I could go and set my plans in action. At 15 minutes after one my secretary called me and said that my clients -the betrothed couple- were her. I told her to send them in I plastered my business smile on my face . They walked in and I stood up with uncontrollable shock written all over my face ……the bride to be said hi my name is Cynthia Ogunsanya and this my fiancé Jimi Olubade


No comments:

Post a Comment