Wednesday, May 6, 2015

KAMARA'S DIARY

     Dear diary.
It has been over three years since I started dating Kelechi. We have known each other since we were kids and have been really close ever since. We started dating in my 200 level which was his 400 level after he professed his feelings for me and asked me to be his girlfriend which I gladly agreed to because I liked him too. I love Kelechi he is an absolutely perfect match for me. A tall light-skinned handsome man to complement my short dark-skinned self. He is smart, has ambition and a bright future ahead of him as a successful surgeon. My family likes him very much as he is very nice and polite to them and our families are good friends, they all approve of our match.
           I will finish my youth service training in port-harcout next month and I am 99 percent sure that Kelechi will propose marriage to me following my return back to Lagos. He already has a good job and his own flat and has been dropping hints here and there that he is ready to settle down with me. My family will surely expect me to gladly accept his marriage proposal and there really is nothing stopping me except one thing………..Kunle.

           I met Kunle in port-harcout at a village market where I went to buy some foodstuffs. He was taking pictures for a photoshoot some magazine was doing about the beauty of rural life or something like that. I stopped at the shop where I was buying fresh tomatoes to watch the photoshoot because I wanted to see what was happening. Somehow our eyes met and I felt sparks of electricity fly between us as cliché as that sounds. It was a foreign feeling I had never felt before not even with Kelechi. For that reason I got scared and quickly exited the market and went back to my lodgings although I felt his eyes staring at my retreating back.         
          The next week I got a huge shock when this guy showed up at the school where I was teaching. I was so surprised that he found me. Apparently as I was wearing my youth service uniform he knew I was a corper so he went to the youth service headquarters in port-harcourt and pestered them(more like bribed) them to give him the locations of where any short dark-skinned girl was teaching. And since then he has gone to all the schools to look for me until he finally found me. I found that incredibly sweet that he would go to all that trouble just to find me.
            We started off as friends because I told him I had a boyfriend. His business was in Calabar which wasn’t far from port-harcout .Every weekend or so he came down to visit me , bringing me gifts and chocolate , making me laugh and gradually worming his way into my heart. Eventually we realized that there was more between us and that was when our affair started. I felt bad that I am cheating on Kelechi but I believe that I really am in deep love with Kunle. He makes me feel things that I have never felt before and he really does love me back
          I am glaringly aware of the fact that my family will never in a million years approve of kunle because he is Yoruba and they always wanted me to marry an Igbo man. Also he is a photographer and although he has a thriving business my parents are conservative and don’t think that photography is a proper job. To top it off he is sporting a head full of dreadlocks and an earring in his left hair, a pure example of the ‘artsy’ type which my mother hates
          My heart longs for and wants to be with Kunle. But my head tells me to stay with Kelechi so as not to incur the wrath of my parents and not break Kelechi’s heart ……he doesn’t deserve it. My parents might disown me if I chose to break up with Kelechi and follow Kunle. Furthermore what if I follow Kunle and then later he dumps me like a broken toy although now he claims to love me.        

           Do I follow my heart or my head? I have to make my decision now because when I go back to Lagos next month I be trapped and will have no choice left than to marry Kelechi.
                  Oh God please help me make the right decision.






      

       to be continued............. 


           ( next part should be out soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment